Hearing and Sight Support and Advice - Hearing & Sight Centre
Hearing and Sight Centre - Celebrating 20 Years of Service
The Hearing and Sight Centre (HAS) provides information, advice and equipment for people of all ages with concerns about sight or hearing. Family members, carers, friends, professionals and employers are welcome to use this confidential and impartial service provided by trained advisors.
The Hearing and Sight centre has now moved to the following address:-
Guild House, 156 Mannamead Road, Plymouth, PL3 5QL
Hearing and Sight Centre opening times are:
Monday 2pm to 5pm
Tuesday to Friday 9am to 1 pm & 2pm to 5pm
The service offers:
- A range of equipment with short term home trial.
- Support to people using hearing aids.
- Information on local groups & other support services.
- Short term home trial of toys, videos and books for parents and children.
- Information from our reference library & leaflet display.
- Exhibitions and events throughout the year.
- Awareness training in Sensory Impairment.
- Computer coaching for people with a Sensory Impairment.
- Insight Course for newly registered visually impaired people.
- Outreach Service for people with a sensory impairment.
- Low vision community liaison supporting people from initial diagnosis as visually impaired to support in the community.
For further information please contact us (from 18th Feb):
- Telephone: 01752 201899
- Fax: 01752 201895
- SMS: 07792 833929
- Textphone: 01752 201896
- E-mail: HAS
- By post or in person: HAS, Guild House,156 Mannamead Road,Plymouth, PL3 5QL
What people are saying about HAS
"The service was brilliant and helped me no end. I am glad I got in touch and the improvements in my life are down to the assistance and support you gave me." The words of one outreach service user.