Hearing and Sight Centre (HAS)
The Hearing and Sight Centre (HAS) provides information, advice and equipment for people of all ages with concerns about sight or hearing. Family members, carers, friends, professionals and employers are welcome to use this confidential and impartial service provided by trained advisors.
We provide the following services from our base at Guild House and out in the community:
- Resource Centre - a well stocked demonstration centre showcasing assistive technology designed to help people with sensory impairment live independently. We also offer a FREE home trial service for most equipment
- Outreach Service – a home visiting service offering practical support to promote independent living
- Insight training course for the newly visually impaired
- Low Vision Service – help with managing the impacts of low vision
- Support for people who have hearing loss and those who are profoundly Deaf
- Computer coaching and IT taster sessions
- Braille tuition and ‘Skills for Seeing’ (Eccentric viewing) training
- Awareness training in sensory impairment
- Programme of exhibitions and events
Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
We are closed on all Bank Holidays and for the week between Christmas and New Year.